Haven’t you met RaspberryPi model B+ already? Born and raised from feedback given since RaspberryPi B was launched (two years ago), it includes many fixes and small improvements, at the same price!!
RaspberryPi model B+ improvements:
You won’t notice any difference on the inside, it runs the same software and still has 512MB RAM, but it includes key improvements:
- 4 USB ports, instead of 2.
- MicroSD card socket, replacing the big SD card socket.
- Low-noise power supply, enabling a nicer audio.
- Composite video is integrated onto the 3.5mm jack. Two functionalities in one black button.
- Lower power consumption.
- 40 pins at the GPIO header, 26 with the original layout and 14 more than Model B
If you’re thinking about getting the new one, check adafruit’s post about what does/doesn’t work anymore. And listen to first hand improvements from the RaspberryPi Foundation:
Do you know that biicode supports fully RaspberryPi? You can reuse from WiringPi library to access easily to Raspberry Pi’s GPIO system