The new Raspberry Pi 2
- 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU (~6x performance)
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM (2x memory)
- Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1
HackLab UPM – bq was born on October the 16, 2014 as an initiative from both bq and ETSIDI-UPM. It is a work-space for students to materialize their ideas. As simple as a group of students who want to develop their maker spirit, learn programming, electronics and 3D design.
Hacklab UPM – bq: Unleash your Arduino projects with biicode
On November 27,2014 we had the great chance to spread the word about using biicode to unleash Arduino projects.
For months, we’ve been posting tutorials to unleash your Arduino projects and provide all C++ power to Arduino projects with multiple classes and files. But not until we were on a workshop for newbies, we realized we have been missing the basics on how to use biicode to program your arduino.
So let’s get started, Biicode is a client interface aplication (CLI) and to use it open the Terminal of your computer.
biicode technology gives you several advantages to richen your Arduino experience:
- Save your project in different folders for a better organization.
- Reuse yours and other user´s code. Reuse made easy: just #include the file you need and you get it. No more copy and paste files from project to project or dowloading zip files from tutorials.
- This is a simple and fast way to compile and upload your code to your Arduino.
- Use your favorite IDE or text editor, we also provide Eclipse integration.
- We are hosting adafruit, sparkfun and many other libraries, you won’t need to download and install libraries in your SDK anymore.
We have uploaded a docker image with biicode pre-installed. So, you can quickly try biicode thanks to docker!
Don’t you know what’s docker? Let’s start with a short explanation about it.
Docker is an open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications. Consisting of Docker Engine, a portable, lightweight runtime and packaging tool, and Docker Hub, a cloud service for sharing applications and automating workflows, Docker enables apps to be quickly assembled from components and eliminates the friction between development, QA, and production environments. As a result, IT can ship faster and run the same app, unchanged, on laptops, data center VMs, and any cloud.